Monday, March 8, 2010

Long Time No Talk


Wow... So much has been going on since the last time I
posted on my Blog. I am not really sure where to begin. I can't believe I have neglected this for 2 years! I will give the short version to save you all from utter and complete boredom. In the last 2 years I continued my employment with the Missouri Department of Corrections. I recently resigned my position there in November of 2009, following an assault by 2 offenders. I was not hurt real bad, but it was enough to shake up my husband. They did not do me right when it happened. I was offered no time off, was not allowed to go out to the hospital due to lack of staffing, and was denied a temporary leave to decide what I wanted to do. To make matters worse, they are now fighting my unemployment.

Something positive has managed to blossom out of all of this though. I am now attending college full time online and working towards an Associate of Science degree in Graphic Design. I am very excited about the path that I have chosen. Although it has been 14 years since I graduated high school, I face each new assignment with optomism and determination. I absolutely love my design class and I am learning a lot and having a great time doing it.

Well, I hope that brings everyone up to speed a bit! The kids are all doing great, and Bill is still Bill. LOL We are just living life and trying to enjoy it as we go !!!


No comments: