Tuesday, February 6, 2007

JUST ANOTHER DAY


It is Tuesday...nothing special about Tuesday's. I talked to my sister for a bit, cleaned some house, did some laundry, and watched tv. It is still flipping cold outside. I hate winter time, even when it is beautiful. Man, my life is really boring when the kids are at school.
On a side note, I would like to take a moment to talk about chat rooms. Since I was bored this morning I decided to take a peak at some of the available chat rooms since I have not entered one in over 9 years. I no longer need to go to the love or relationship rooms since I am very happily married, and Missouri doesn't have any chat rooms for locals to gather. So I decided that a parenting chat room was probably my safest bet. Boy was I wrong.! The second my finger clicked the mouse to connect to the room, I was bombarded by 7...count them..7 people instant messaging me. What is wrong with these people? All 7 people typed broken English as if foreign, And all 7 people had absolutely NO info in their profiles. Now, out of these 7 people, 5 of them went away quietly. Unfortunately the other 2 were not quite as accommodating. One of them kept buzzing me over and over again...The other would not stop typing...I told him no thank you, I am busy....but he would not stop. He tried to add me to his IM and then kept telling me that if I was a proper lady I would speak to him. I had finally had enough. I closed out of the room and disappeared.
So ladies and gentleman, my question remains the same....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE???...Is this what I should expect every time I try to go in to a chat room? I thought I was going in there to talk to other mom's about parenting, considering it was a parenting chat room, guess I was wrong. I am not looking for any foreigner to marry so he can have his citizenship. I am not looking for anything actually. I just thought it would be good to see what other parents do w/ their children...ie...discipline, problems, and support. Unfortunately I have no idea what was being said in the room because I was trying to clear my screen of instant messenger boxes. This is my complaint for the day. Thank you for listening and I will talk to everyone tomorrow.

No comments: