Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WELL TODAY IS HERE

Myspace Layouts
.....WELL Today is the here....the least favorite day of the year for many. Valentine's Day is the busiest days of the year for most flower shops in this country. Unfortunately, after all these years, the men in our lives still do not get us. We do not want flowers. We do not want candy or flowers. OK.. maybe I am talking for myself, but hey..this is my page so I can. I have not received anything from Bill as of this moment and do not know what I will get, if anything. But the statements I made above are true for me. I want something for Valentine's Day that proves that my husband knows who I am and understands me. It could be something as simple as a book or a card. As long as it comes from him, all is good. Now I know some of you out there absolutely despise Valentine's Day. Believe me, I used to be one of them. Most people that harbor ill feelings towards this holiday are either alone, or with someone who needs to get a clue. I know that when it comes to Bill, I have to start giving clues a couple of weeks in advance. You know all the little things you do w/out even thinking about it. Lingering over a watch set a little longer than necessary to make sure he sees you.....mentioning off-handed someplace you haven't eaten in a while....and of course there is always the "I wish I had" line that can always be used as long as it does not immediately precede the holiday. Time changes the gift giving process in any relationship. Bill no longer asks what I want, he just buys something...and sometimes he just buys anything. I love the man to death, but he says I am hard to shop for, it is just untrue. I am the most easy person to shop for. I like just about everything. The only thing that hinders my Valentine's Day gift receiving is that my birthday is 2 days later and usually Bill feels he has to combine the two days and get me something big. I don't need anything big. I just wanna know he still loves me after 9 years. I think that deep down that is all anyone wants to know. So....Happy Valentine's Day everyone....Enjoy your dying flowers....

No comments: